In case you missed it, we have founded the French PowerShell user group last month and this is a short wrap up on how great the response from the french community was, and how well the first meeting (ever!) went.
A month ago, we founded the French PowerShell user group. This week, we had our first official meeting of the French PowerShell UserGroup (FRPSUG) and we really got suprised about how many people showed interest for this, and how many people ended up attended the event.
In just a few bullet points, I would like to highlight the enthousiasm, and great feedback we have have received from the french speaking community, and all of this, in bearly a month time.
Some numbers concerning the 1 french powershell user group official meetup:
- 60 persons registered for the first event on the Meetup event page.
- between 30 / 35 persons were present on the online event (skype for business)
- The video was uploaded the same night on youtube, and has had 170 views (until now)
- 7 french CDM: PowerShell MVP’s were present.
Some general stats concerning the usergroup itself:
- On our meetup page (frpsug) we have more then 100 persons that registred to the group (!)
- The speakers were globally so enthousiast about our initiative, that everybody wanted to give a presentation. So far, having one presentation per month, our agenda is full up until march (!!) –> see here for details about the events
- we are also thinking of ‘in between‘ meetings, where any body could present a topic of his/her choice. This is especially aimed to give the opportunity to non-francophones (in other words, anglophones) to do a presentation and to target an audience that is rarely looking for content in english (If needed, we might end up adding subtitles in french on the video recording in the end).
- We also opened a slack channel (#french -> on http://slack.poshcode.org/ ) which has around 35 members, and is really active, which is really awesome!
- Our website is growing as well.
WebSite -> frpsug.github.io
Meetup Page -> http://www.meetup.com/frenchpsug/
Twitter -> https://twitter.com/
Facebook -> https://www.
Email -> email@example.com