Not so long ago, we have founded the French PowerShell user group . The second meetup was held yesterday, where I did a presentation on PowerShell Classes (Read more about classes here and here. Want to see the entire blog series I wrote about classes? click here) We had again, a big amount of attendees, and great feedback! This blog post is a short wrap up on how great the response from the french community was.
Two month ago, we founded the French PowerShell user group. A month after, we had our first official meeting of the French PowerShell UserGroup (FRPSUG) and we really got suprised about how many people showed interest for this, and how many people ended up attended the event. This was so great, that we couldn’t wait to get to the next meeting of October 2016.
In just a few bullet points, I would like to highlight the enthousiasm, and great feedback we have have received from the french speaking community, and all of this, in barely two month time.
For the ones that missed the presentation (and that understand french) the recording is available on our Youtube channel here -> Introduction to PowerShell Classes by Stéphane van Gulick. The code is available on our github repository here.
Some numbers concerning the 2nd french powershell user group official meetup:
- 61 persons registered for the second on the Meetup event page.
- around 35 persons were present on the online event (skype for business)
- The video is available on Youtube here.
- 5 french CDM: PowerShell MVP’s were present.
Some general stats concerning the usergroup itself:
- On our meetup page (frpsug) we have more then 131 persons that registred to the group (30 more since last month!)
- The speakers were globally so enthousiast about our initiative, that everybody wanted to give a presentation. So far, having one presentation per month, our agenda is full up until march (!!) –> see here for details about the events
- we are also thinking of ‘in between‘ meetings, where any body could present a topic of his/her choice. This is especially aimed to give the opportunity to non-francophones (in other words, anglophones) to do a presentation and to target an audience that is rarely looking for content in english (If needed, we might end up adding subtitles in french on the video recording in the end).
We actually do have an “in between” session planned for the 27/10/2016 where we will cover how to use GIT in conjunction with Visual Studio Code (learn everything about it here)
- We are also VERY active on our slack channel (#french -> on http://slack.poshcode.org/ ) which has around 55 members (25 more since last month). The group is really great, so if you speak french, and love powershell, come an join us!
- Our website and our github repository with the different code snippets from the different presentations are growing as well.